CBD Infused Edible: CBD edibles include gummies, chocolates, and other products that are eaten. Since they are ingested orally, CBD infused edibles have a longer onset time, but the effects also last much longer. When it comes to potency and dosage of edibles, the optimal dose for consumer depends on many factors, e.g. the consumer’s level of discomfort or pain, CBD tolerance, body type, etc.
Important Dosage Considerations
Calculating dosage is fairly easy with a CBD infused edible product. This is because CBD chocolate, CBD gummies, etc. usually come in specific serving size and the dosage is always listed in the ingredients. For example, CBD gummies usually have concentration that ranges from 5mg to 100 mg. Determining the best dosage for the edible generally depends on these factors:
• Concentration: Concentration of a CBD edible refers to the total CBD amount in the product. Also known as strength, it is measured in milligrams (mg). Strength of a CBD product is different from dosage. Dosage is an indication of the CBD amount per serving.
• Body Weight: Your body weight often plays an important role in how little or how much CBD affects your body. Generally speaking, lighter people need lighter doses to experience the desired effects of CBD. Heavier people on the other hand, may feel the same effects with a higher dose.
• Tolerance: If you eat an edible, e.g. CBD chocolate on regular basis, you may develop a tolerance over time. If it happens, you will have reduced effects from the same dosage. As a result, you will need to take a higher subsequent dose in order to achieve the desired result.
• Desired Effects: For many, the optimal strength and dosage of a CBD infused edible comes down to the level of discomfort or pain they are experiencing. Someone with severe anxiety or chronic pain may need a higher dose to deal with the symptoms, whereas an individual with a relatively milder condition may prefer a lower dose.
How Many mg of Edibles Should You Eat?
Even though the ideal edible dose depends on several factors (listed above). There are some basic guidelines that can help you choose the right dosage. Based on the effect level and body weight, following are optimal starting doses:
• Light Body Weight: For people with light weight e.g. less than 130 lbs. The recommended CBD edibles dosage is 11mg or less for mild effects. 12mg-14mg for moderate effects, and 15mg-17mg for strong effects.
• Medium Body Weight: For people with medium weight e.g. 130-230 lbs., the recommended CBD edibles dosage is 18mg or less for mild effects. 19mg-23mg for moderate effects, and 24mg-27mg for strong effects.
• Heavy Weight: For heavier individuals, those with more than 230 lbs. weight, the recommended CBD edibles dosage is 23mg or less for mild effects, 24mg-30mg for moderate effects, and 31mg-45mg for strong effects. Stronger doses than the ones listed above may be more suitable for certain CBD edibles consumers. These include people with devastating symptoms e.g. severe pain. Stronger doses may also be required if you have a relatively high CBD tolerance.